Thursday, October 26, 2006

Family

Moving always brings out the “nesting” in me. I have been journaling a lot about my early years and about my family.

For whatever reason people drift in and out of our lives and we loose connections. Over the years I have come to the conclusion that there is no such thing as enough friends or enough family. Each person we interact with enriches our lives. To say that there is not enough time in our busy lives is selfish.

Recent illness in people that I love has made me think about how I spend my time. Alone time is good, it regenerates my spirit and allows me to think about life. It allows me to journal and pray – which gives me perspective on myself and those around me.

It is also important to focus on those around us. Too often we say things like, “We should get together soon”. But how often do we?

I am going to make a concerted effort to connect with people that I really do miss and want to have a closer relationship. I want to make those, “We should get together soon” statements a reality.


No comments: