Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Voters

You all knew it was coming. Voter picks for 2006. Most are pretty predictable. Mason is pretty boring not even a gambling debate.

Senate

Mike DeWine – Yes
Pro life
Voted for School Vouchers
Voted for Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2006

Sherrod Brown – No
But I do agree with his assessment about Immigration and trade problems need to be solved in order to solve immigration issues.

My biggest problem with Brown is that the ACLU backs him.

Governor

I am not a big fan of either.

Ken Blackwell – Yes, Sigh
Pro life
Voted for School Vouchers – and wants to expand the voucher program
Healthcare – he thinks the biggest problem is people suing doctors? Are you kidding?

Ted Strickland – No
I do agree with his views of healthcare. Senior care and medical care cost are the biggest problems in healthcare and are not being addressed.

Congress
Very boring race.

Jean Schmidt – Yes
Pro Life
For School Vouchers

Victoria Wulsin – No

I would skip to the issues now – but they are almost all school levy reductions – of which I am voting yes for all but the last.

The only issue in Mason worth talking about is issue 3.

Issue three
Lower the contribution limits from individuals to $1,000 to a state legislative candidate or county political party, $2,000 to a candidate for statewide executive office, and $5,000 to state or national political parties. Corporate contributions to political parties would be banned.

I am going to vote yes on this issue because I have found the campaigns to be so off issue and out of control that I would like to see less of them. The commercials do not talk about issues anyway so I say get rid of them.

No comments: