Thursday, June 05, 2008

Indiana Jones and the Kingdome of the Crystal Skull

We went to see Kingdome of the Crystal Skull last week. I loved it but the rest of the group was not so impressed. It was a typical Indy movie - lots of action, animals and of course love. There were a few references to the first three movies and the plot alluded to some of the missing years between the first three and the newest edition. The movie left the door open for a lot of possibility.



The only thing that I did not care for was the lack of reality. I am not talking about the plot we all know that the Indy movies are full of the supernatural and exaggerated, I am referring to the fact that a good portion of the movie seems to have been filmed in front of a blue screen. We have fantastic technology - we don't have to see it in every scene to make a movie good.






On the up side Harrison Ford looks great! I loved that Indy played the part of his age. He is a little wiser a little slower and a little more grey.

It was a great movie to take kids to see. There was almost no language, no sex and there was only one scary monster like scene. I can’t wait until it is on DVD.

1 comment:

Abby said...

YAY!!! I have to go and see it! Want to have a sister date?