I made the Turkey Polpettone and Radicchio Salad on Friday night for dinner. The turkey was great! I will definitely be making that again, as a bonus it was reasonably low fat and low cal. The Radicchio Salad was not good. The dressing tasted like nothing. It was very pretty on the plate but totally useless.
1 lb ground turkey
1/2 cup Italian style bread crumbs
2 tbs thinly sliced green onions
1 egg yolk
2 tsp fresh chopped sage leaves
1 1/2 grated lemon peel
1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp sea salt
2 oz whole milk mozzarella cheese, cut into 4 equal pieces
1/2 cup all- purpose flour
1 cup panko crispy bread crumbs
1. Heat oven to 350. Place turkey in large bowl. Add remaining pattie ingredients except cheese.
2. Divde into 8 even pieces. Flatten into patties, top 4 with cheese then top with the other 4 patties. Press the edges together to seal in the cheese.
3. Mix the dry coating ingredients. Dip the patties in the egg - then the dry coating ingredients. Press the dry coating into the patties.
4. Place in an oven proof skillet coated with olive oil for 1-2 min per side. All you need to do is lightly brown the outside.
5. Place in the oven to bake until the turkey is no longer pink this should take 10-15 min.