Monday, January 15, 2007

MySpace and Blogging

It amazes me the personal information that people put on the web. When I first started blogging in 2005 I was very careful not to post pictures or use descriptive language about where I live and work. I loosened up on the pictures, but I still don’t post my address or phone number. I also don’t post personal information about myself, family or friends.
I visit other Blogs and MySpace profiles and I can not believe the information that people share.

MySpace is especially surprising to me. There is a hide function on MySpace that allows only “friends” to view your site. Yet very few people use it. The police and other government agencies must have a field day with all of the stupid people who vocalize drug use and underage drinking. I am not advocating either; however I find it amazing when a 17 year old posts explicit pictures and tells the date and location of a party where there will be no parents and she and her friends will be there getting drunk and high.

What a world we live in.

No comments: