Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Senator Barack Obama

Senator Barack Obama is intriguing. I read his book The Audacity of Hope: Thoughts on Reclaiming the American Dream and I have subscribed to his newsletter.

He is optimistic about our future as a country. He believes that the people should be more active and take an interest in local government forcing a change on a national level.

The senator has announced that he is filing a presidential exploratory committee. He states that he will make further announcements about his plans Feb 10.

There are two major things that bother me so far about him. First and foremost he is a democrat. I have a major problem with many of the pillars of the Democratic Party and because he is part of that party he would be expected to support those pillars. Secondly he believes in evolution, yet attends Trinity United Church of Christ. (More on Trinity United Church of Christ in a future post.)

I will continue to investigate his beliefs and standards. I am interested to see how and what he as voted on as a Senator. I will say that he does not evoke the same deep negative emotion that Hillary Clinton does.

As I said I am intrigued.

No comments: