Monday, February 04, 2008

Turning 27 - Update

Last year I wrote the blog below:
Turning 27
List of things to accomplish before I turn 28.
N 1. Finish Christmas early so that I have time to enjoy it.
Y 2. Cook one new recipe a month.
Y 3. Finish 2 afghans.
Y 4. Crochet 20 stars and 6 bells.
Y 5. Crochet 2 angels.
Y 6. Visit one new place a month.
N 7. Finish both scrap books and start a new one. I started a new one, I now have three unfinished.
Y 8. Begin the research on the Lawson family tree.
N 9. Throw another Christmas Cookie Exchange. I was in Vegas!
N 10. Host a fiber craft party.
Y 11. Finish the research on Barack Obama.
Y 12. Begin to research the other presidential candidate hopefuls.
N 13. Visit the farm.
Y 14. Read one book that supports and one that disputes global warming.
Y 15. Visit two new states.
Y 16. Decorate the master bathroom. Changed to Hall bathroom
Y 17. Archive the Vegas trips.
Y 18. Teach canyon a new trick.
Y 19. Start the "1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die" list by Ukaunz –– finish 20 by 2008.
1. The Poisonwood Bible – Barbara Kingsolver
2. Memoirs of a Geisha – Arthur Golden
3. The Reader – Bernhard Schlink
4. One Hundred Years of Solitude _ Gabriel García Márquez
5. The Pilgrim’s Progress – John Bunyan
6. The Pit and the Pendulum – Edgar Allan Poe
7. The Scarlet Letter – Nathaniel Hawthorne
(again)8. Madame Bovary – Gustave Flaubert
9. The Island of Dr. Moreau – H.G. Wells
10. The Jungle – Upton Sinclair
11. Brave New World – Aldous Huxley
12. Gone With the Wind – Margaret Mitchell (again)
13. The Poor Mouth – Flann O’Brien
14. Animal Farm – George Orwell
15. Nineteen Eighty_Four – George Orwell
16. Robinson Crusoe – Daniel Defoe
17. Sense and Sensibility – Jane Austen
18. A Farewell to Arms – Ernest Hemingway
19. The Grapes of Wrath – John Steinbeck
20. Anna Karenina - Leo Tolstoy


Y 20. Organize the garage. Topher took care of this one.
Y 21. Take a class or seminar.
Y 22. Learn how to make clay beads.
X 23. Visit the Zoo.
X 24. Scrap the wedding pictures. I am going to a scrap retreat in April to take care of those!
N 25. Pick up a new massage client. I massaged a few new people but they are not regulars.
N 26. Get 4 massages. I only got two.
N 27. Give myself a manicure twice a month. I was good until August, then I fell off the wagon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very impressive. I am still curious where your "visit one new place each month" is.