I have been writing this post in my head for over a week, turning it over and over in my mind and just need to get it all out now.
I follow several liberal blogs. I think it’s important to know what people are thinking who have different viewpoints. I don’t think a good counter argument can be made against anything that does not thoughtfully contemplate the other viewpoint.
In following these mostly local blogs and sites I am horrified at what has become acceptable speech and points of view. When in American History has is been acceptable to openly embrace socialism, communism and a contempt for the nuclear family.
General observations about Liberal Cincinnati
1. Liberals only want people who live in city limits to call themselves Cincinnatians.
2. If you live outside of city limits you must be racist.
3. Anyone who is in college has a brilliant mind.
4. Anyone making over $40,000 a year is selfish and corrupt.
5. No one is as educated on a subject as the writer of the article.
6. Wikipedia is an acceptable reference source.
7. When in a debate name calling, (like teabaggers”) mocking, threats and getting off topic are considered a win.
8. Threats of violence are a useful tactic.
9. A big “heart” is more impressive than hard work.
10. A person is of no value if they came from a two parent family.
When engaging in debate I have learned:
1. Realize that whatever you say - you will be called a liar or stupit or both.
2. You will be “cyber stalked”.
3. The more common sense and fact that is used the more disgusting the language will become.
4. The phrase where were you the last 8 years will come up at least once in every debate.
To have “credibility” from a Liberal viewpoint you must be or do one or more of the following:
1. Come from a broken home.
2. Be on government assistance.
3. Live in section 8 housing.
4. Live in Cincinnati limits.
5. Be gay.
6. Be of some minority.
7. Despise humanity.
8. Smoke pot.
Apparently I have no credibility.
To be quite frank, it is infuriating to even read some of the posts. The absolute hatred and bile spilled towards anything conservative is appalling.
I am sick of being accused of racism and elitism. I do not support the president that does not make me a racist. I work hard for my money and don’t want it to go to things that I do not support, that does not make me an elitist.